Lime Tree Surgery are looking for a salaried GP for 4-8 sessions per week.
- a forward thinking and innovative GMS practice with approximately 28,000 registered patients, delivering high quality patient focussed care.
- full triage system ensuring that GP’s see only patients they need to.
- strong clinical team which comprises of 5 GP partners, 14 salaried GP’s, 3 nurse practitioners, a first contact physiotherapist, 2 paramedics, 7 nurses, 7 HCA’s and a large supporting admin and reception team.
- in-house medicines management team comprising of 3 Clinical Pharmacists, 2 Pharmacy Technicians and 2 trainee Pharmacy Technicians.
- caring and supportive working environment for all our staff.
- training practice accommodating FY2, medical students and have our own nurse mentor. We encourage whole team development and close the surgeries once a month for training purposes. All clinicians have protected learning time and mentorship.
- lead practice for the Coastal and South Downs Care Partnership with in-house Clinical Pharmacists, mental health worker and Care Co-ordinators.
- we welcome and support GP’s with special interests.
- Lime Tree Surgery has three sites within a 4 mile radius. The clinical system is SystmOne.
Please contact Elaine Luxford (email@example.com) for further details, to arrange an informal visit to the practice or send a CV.
36 HOURS PER WEEK
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated practice nurse to join our multi-disciplinary team. Ideally you will have experience in immunisation and vaccination, cervical cytology, wound care, chronic disease management, particularly hypertension. We offer an in-house education programme as well as support and mentorship.
For further details and/or an application pack please contact Elaine Luxford at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01903 264101
We are looking for a full time receptionist to join the team.
The postholder will be responsible for undertaking a wide range of reception duties and the provision of general support to the multidisciplinary team. Duties can include, but are not limited to, greeting and directing patients, effective use of the appointment system, booking appointments, process of information and assisting patients as required. To act as the central point of contact for patients, the distribution of information, messages and enquiries for the clinical team, liaising with multidisciplinary team members and external agencies, such as secondary care and community service providers.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working with the general public
- Be educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Clear and polite telephone manner
- Ability to work as a team member and autonomously
- Good interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Salary: £9.50 per hour